Sunday, August 4, 2019

Happy Trails, Revisited

Hello, hello!

Summer has been hot and sticky for me up here in DC's swampy weather, so in between manic dashes to the community pool with my family, I've been spending lots of time indoors, decluttering my house and my scrap stash. 

The cool thing about decluttering is that it leads you to discover things you didn't even realize you had. While sorting my scrap stash by theme, I rediscovered this super sweet western-inspired kit by Susan. The best part was my mother-in-law had just sent me a photo of my guy at about 5 years old, grinning and wearing his favorite cowboy outfit. Now, I was shocked to say the least. My guy's version of roughin' it is living more than 15 minutes from a 7-Eleven, so I was bowled over by this adorable, but confusing, photo. I knew I had to get the story and scrap it. 

Here is what I started with:




and this is what I ended up making:


I love how it turned out!

If you love the ranch life, or have a little cowboy (or girl!) of your own, Happy Trails is a beautiful kit! Pick it up HERE.



No comments: