Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hunt and Gather

Did you have a great Easter? We celebrated it with our family and had a wonderful time.
The new kit Hunt and Gather in the Raspberry Road Designs shop is just great with your Easter or Spring photos!

Although we had a great time together during Easter, we forgot to take some photos! And it's still like Winter here in the Netherlands. So no new Spring photos also! So that's why I created something totally different!

Instead of a freebie, I have a technique for you! I hope you like it.

If you want the same effect on your photo you have to follow these simple steps:
- turn your photo into B&W
- copy the photo
- use the blending mode Color Dodge on the copy layer
- still with the copy: go to filter and choose Blur, Gaussian Blus and change the effect with the slider. Each photo needs a different setting, I ended up with 2,5.
- merge the 2 layers
- use the blending mode Multiply
- use a layer mask to soften the borders

2 comments:

Photomama said...

thank you for the technique - it is exactly what I needed. so appreciated

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I can't wait to try it. :)