Thursday, May 9, 2013

Honky Tonk Heroes: Layout & Gift Tag Freebie

Country singer Georgia Holt, 86, mother of the legendary Cher, released her first CD Honky Tonk Woman this week. Georgia Holt recorded the country-influenced album with the members of Elvis Presley's band however the album was never released. The tapes sat in Holt's garage for over 30 years before being rediscovered, restored and mixed by The Voice's Musical Director Paul Mirkovich, who is also Cher's musical director.

Honky Tonk Woman features ten songs from the original sessions and includes a duet with Cher. Georgia Holt's Honky Tonk Woman is available through iTunes, Amazon and all other outlets.

Georgia Holt was a beauty queen, actress and model in her early life and always dreamed of a singing career. A documentary on the extraordinary life of Georgia Holt called Dear Mom, Love Cher, produced by Cher, airs on Lifetime Television (check local listings).

Georgia Holt and the music of Honky Tonk Woman inspired me to create a page layout with Raspberry Road Designs' Honky Tonk Heroes.
Click on the image to see a larger version. The Honky Tonk Heroes Collection is available in the Raspberry Road Designs' Store.

In an homage to Cher and her iconic song Gypsy, Tramps & Thieves I created a Tag for you using Raspberry Road Designs' Gypsy Cowgirl's Collection. Click on the image to download.
The Gypsy Cowgirl Collection is one of my personal favorites! This vibrant collection has a fantastic Metal Frames Set and I used one of the frames for my tag.

Cheers!
Rita

Credit: Images of Cher, Georgia Holt and CD Cover are used by permission.

5 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks for this lovely tag. I adore the page for Georgia and Cher is one of my favs (Country Music is about all I favor now)! Appreciate your gifts, and I too have both of these lovely kits from Susan! Have a terrific weekend Rita and Thanks again!

LB said...

This is so gorgeous and incredibly eye-catching, Rita! Your beauteously rich artwork makes me want to buy everything you use! I look forward to your tags every day.

Rita said...

Honky Tonk Heroes and Gypsy Cowgirl are wonderful collections, I know you will enjoy creating fabulous layouts with both of these kits!

Angelina Artlo said...

Wonderful freebie, I like it ! Thank you so much ! ;o)

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love it!
Therese